Welcome to The Heron’s Cove Restaurant and ****Bed & Breakfast in Goleen West Cork –
Céad Míle Fáilte – Bienvenue – Willkommen – Bienvendia – Benvenuto – Powitanie
The Heron’s Cove Restaurant and Bed & Breakfast is a paradise. It is a ‘little piece of heaven’, located on a tidal inlet at Goleen, a small village in West Cork, Ireland. We are 120 kms (75 miles) from Cork City. We are close to Mizen Head, Ireland’s spectacular most south-westerly point, and Barley Cove Beach. Sue Hill and her team offer quality good value Irish Bed and Breakfast guest accommodation and dinner. The Restaurant is open to non-residents.
If you are looking for top quality four star accommodation in Ireland, and especially in West Cork, you need look no further. We have everything you would wish for a rewarding weekend break or holiday in Ireland. We recommend our sea view ensuite rooms with all amenities and our restaurant with the best of local seasonal food and an excellent selection of wines, beers and spirits.
Special Offer for March, April, May 1 B&B (Full Irish Breakfast) + 1 Dinner (3 Course house menu)
€59.50 per person sharing per night.
Sue, the owner, has been welcoming guests to The Heron’s Cove for 27 years. Irene (chef), Hannah (restaurant manager), Bridget (housekeeper) and Vicki (breakfast chef) and Averil (reception) are looking forward to making your stay with us a happy one.
- AA Guest Accommodation of the Year – Ireland 2012/2013
- Awarded: AA 1 rosette for Culinary Excellence 2013/2014
- AA Breakfast Award 2012/2013
- AA and Fáilte Ireland 4 star rating
- Recommended: Michelin Guide 2014
- Georgina Campbell Guides 2014
- Alastair Sawday’s Special Places 2014
- Recommended by Frommers, Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, Le Guide Routard, Let’s Go and DK Eyewitness Guides.
- Member of RAI, Eurotoques, Slow Food Association, Fuchsia Brands & West Cork Tourism.
The Mizen Peninsula, West Cork, Ireland is a very beautiful area, with spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean from rugged rocky cliffs. Some of the local things our guest can enjoy on their visit to Goleen, West Cork:
- Mizen Head Signal Station
- Artisan food
- Walking – hill and beach
- Bird Watching
- Whale Watching
- Relaxing and watching the tide ebb and flow
- The full list is on the drop down tab Visitor Info under Things to Do
The Heron’s Cove is a perfect home base for touring the major attractions of South West Ireland with easy access to the N71 at Bantry or Skibbereen.
Plan to visit The Heron’s Cove, Goleen, West Cork, Ireland. Make us your destination.
Take in the scenic drive, the Wild Atlantic Way, en route to us here at The Herons Cove and visit the Mizen Signal Station on the Mizen Peninsula, take in a tour of the Signal Station, and cross the iconic Mizen footbridge.